Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, the Empire State Building Experience is so much more than just a view. Embark on a journey through one of the most famous landmarks in the world, where you will experience our newly restored Art Deco lobby and murals, the historical Dare to Dream exhibit, and Sustainability Exhibit. Your visit will conclude at the most iconic 360-degree open-air observation deck in all of NYC – The Empire State Building’s 86th Floor Observatory Deck. Feel the heart of NYC!
• Take in the whole Empire State Building Experience, including the newly renovated art-deco lobby, the sustainability and historical exhibits, and our free self-guided multimedia tour.
• Look out on New York City from 1,050 feet above the bustling streets below.
• See panoramic views of up to five states from the surrounding open-air promenade or from our climate controlled viewing galleries.
• Get the details about what you’re viewing from every vantage point with the free self-guided multimedia tour.
102nd Floor Observatory: Upgrade available at Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or 86th floor kiosk.
Express Pass: Purchase from an official Empire State Building employee at the onsite ticket office on the day of arrival to move to the front of each line.
Please note: Street sales agents outside of the building are not employed by the Empire State Building Observatory and are not authorized to sell Express upgrades.
High-power Binoculars: Available on promenades for a minimal cost.
Advice for Visitors:
• Observatory is open until 2am every night for spectacular skyline and nighttime views.
• Enjoy live music on most Thursday - Saturday evenings after 9pm.
• Whether its breakfast, lunch, or dinner, State Grill and Bar is located in the lobby to cater to your dining needs.
• To plan your visit, you are welcome to check the Time to the Top* at www.empirestatebuilding.com or by calling (877) NYC-VIEW (692-8439).
*Average general admission ticket travel time from clearing security, through our two exhibits, to the 86th floor Observation Deck. Updated every 2 minutes.
Best time to visit: Beat the crowds. For more space and less wait, visit between 8AM and 11AM or after 10PM.
o State Grill and Bar: Located in the lobby of our iconic landmark, our restaurant features sophisticated American cuisine and locally-sourced dishes.
o Heartland Brewery, Europa Café, Chipotle, and Starbucks
• Accessibility: The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant. We have handicapped restrooms on the 86th Floor Observatory and also have lowered viewing walls and binoculars. Service dogs are allowed throughout the building. Motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted. The 86th Floor has ramps to make getting around easier and lowered viewing walls so that visitors in chairs can still take in the view.
Bus: M1, M2, M4, M5, M6, M7, M16, M34
5th Avenue & West 34th Street , New York, New York, 10016
Departs: 08:00 am - 2:00 am
After your online purchase you will be redirected to a page with your voucher. An order confirmation, with a link to your online voucher, will also be e-mailed to you within two hours of completing your purchase. Redeem at any of the visitor center locations listed on the voucher. At the visitor center, simply show the voucher on your mobile phone or bring a printed copy.